Welcome to the Library Media Center!
Checking Out Books
All school members are able to check books out of the library.
Parents can also check out books. For more information, please contact Mrs. Bisig.
Library Policies & Procedures
The mission of Edmond Public Schools Library Media Program and the Orvis Risner Elementary Library Media Center is to enable students to become independent life-long learners in a rapidly changing technological and culturally diverse society through reading for pleasure as well as for information.
The goals of the Orvis Risner Library Media Center:
- Collaborating with administrators, teachers, parents, and students to support educational curriculum goals and provide successful learning experiences.
- Teaching information literacy through the application of reading and technology skills.
- Connecting students to the joy of reading and to information for life-long learning.
- Serving the entire school community in supporting educational curriculum goals and providing a variety of resources.
- Inspiring students to read for pleasure, ask questions, and seek knowledge.
Overdue notices will be printed out and distributed once a month to students at school. If the student is still reading the book, they are encouraged to bring it into the library and renew it.
Lost & Damaged Books
If a book is lost or damaged, students will be expected to pay for the cost of a replacement. However, if the family has extenuating circumstances that make paying for the book difficult, please contact Mrs. Bisig.
As with purchased materials, donated items become the property of Orvis Risner Library to do with as it sees fit. Books may be added to the collection or given away as prizes to students as determined by the Library Media Specialist.